The privacy and security of your personal information is important to us and we will ensure that we keep your data safe and private. Below we explain who we are, how we collect, use and share information about you, along with the rights that you have with respect to that information.
Who we are
ProAmica Limited (‘ProAmica’, ‘we’, ‘us’, ‘our’) is part of the General & Medical Group of companies. It is a private limited company incorporated in England and Wales with company registered number 4139019.
We are registered as a data controller with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
ProAmica Limited is an Appointed Representative of General & Medical Finance Limited.
We are registered with the Financial Conduct Authority, registration number 535703
How we collect your personal information
We will collect your personal information, which is based on the information you provide to us when you use any of the following services:
- When you request a quote or apply for our products and services via our website
- When you provide your details during telephone calls, which may be recorded for training and monitoring purposes, via live online chat, which maybe via one of our other websites, via email, or via any other appropriate channel of communication
- When you make a healthcare claim
- When you participate in competitions and campaigns via our social media
- Feedback forms and surveys
We also may collect your personal information from third parties, such as:
- Companies or individuals that introduce you to us, e.g. your employer or broker.
- Medical professionals and hospitals
- Credit reference agencies
- Your family members
Information We Collect
We may collect the following information about you:
- Basic personal data such as, but not limited to, your name, email address, postal address, telephone number, date of birth, gender
- Financial information such as bank details
- Information relevant to your healthcare scheme such as your previous insurance policies and claims, information about your employment and lifestyle
- IP address
We may require copies of the following documents:
- Company registration certificate
- Company Regulatory licence
- Incorporation certificate
- Business insurance certificates
We may also collect sensitive personal data about you such as details about your health. For example we may need your health records for the purpose of providing you with services relating to your healthcare scheme or processing claims.
Where this is required, we will only collect it with your full explicit consent. The consent may be withdrawn at any time, but this may mean that we will be unable to provide certain products and services and/or process claims.
Personal information about others
We may collect information about other members of your household or family, for example, family members who may be included on a healthcare policy.
If you give us information about another person it is your responsibility to ensure and confirm that:
How We Use Information
We use your personal information to provide you with a healthcare scheme and all related services.
We process your personal data to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.
We may use your personal data to keep you informed about relevant products and services where you have expressed interest in them and only where we have appropriate legitimate interests.
We may share your personal information within the General & Medical group and the following organisations:
- Third parties who provide services covered under your healthcare scheme
- Other third parties who assist us in the administration of your cover or any associated products or services such as IT providers and marketing agencies
- To your family member or a relative or any third party that you have nominated to speak with us on your behalf (we will only do this with your explicit consent)
- Credit reference agencies
- Regulators and authorities such as the Financial Conduct Authority, Information Commissioner’s Office and Financial Ombudsman Service
- Fraud prevention agencies
- Law enforcement agencies
We may use your personal information to contact you to keep you informed about our products, services and offers that may be relevant to you. This is called Marketing communications. We decide what might be relevant to you based on what information you have requested from us previously, for example, a healthcare quote. We will only use your personal information for marketing purposes if we have either your consent, or a legitimate interest to both you and us. If you do not wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, you are given an option to opt – out in every marketing communication sent to you. You can also contact our Data Protection Officer by phone, email or post.
You may request access to a copy of your personal data we hold about you by making a Subject Access Request.
You may request to correct any inaccurate data we hold about you, providing it can be proved to be inaccurate.
You have the right to request from us access to and rectification or erasure of your personal data or restriction of processing your personal data, or to object to processing. However, we reserve the right to reject this request, if there is a legal or regulatory reason for us to keep or process your data.
If you have a complaint, please contact us and we will do everything we can to resolve it. If you are not satisfied with our response, you also have the right to send your complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). Find out more how to report a concern at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
How long we keep records for
We will only keep your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil our contractual obligation and in order to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.
How to contact us
Data Protection Officer,
General & Medical House,
Or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org